Seasoned information services leader and educator, who effectively uses continuous improvement to provide strategic direction and empower associates to deliver high quality customer service in complex multi-platform e-business enabled environments. Successful in delivering business solutions and training to recognized leaders in distribution, wholesale, retail operations and consulting, I have a solid industry knowledge of ERP, marketing, distribution, retail operations, finance, demographics, technical services, facilities management, human resources and consulting services.
Cole & Company Consulting 2000 -
· Innovation & Applied Research Centre (Mohawk) 2002/6 -
· Teaching Business, IT Process & DB courses (Mohawk) 2000/7 -
· Consulting- Performance Management, PMI Process, ERP, Modeling, BMP
Ehvert Technology Services 1999/12 –8/00
(Infrastructure / IT / ASP Consulting Services)
Director, Business Operations
· Managed daily activities including: recruiting, staffing, H/R, A/R, operations, facilities administration, profitability management, client satisfaction and business development functions, providing support for consulting and management staff.
· Liaison with High Tech Crime Law Enforcement for Web intrusion and detection.
· Responsible for final review and approval of client proposals for compliance to company standards and profitability targets.
· Introduced management by exception reporting to focus on key operation issues.
Keane Canada 1998 - 8/99
Manager, Staffing, Recruiting & Employee Development
· Proactively managed the recruiting, staffing, training and development functions, providing support for up to 120 consulting and management staff.
· Responsible for hiring decisions, staff assignment and rotation, maintaining greater than 93 % consultant utilization by developing effective project resource strategies.
Ross Roy Communications (Windsor) 1996 - 8/97
(Marketing Communications Agency for Chrysler Canada)
Vice President, Information Services
· Provided leadership for up to 70 staff in various functions including national Marketing Support Services, Technical Services, Communications, Micro Computing, Applications Development and Technology Training.
· Architected a move to a new facility integrating AS400 and NT client server environments, introducing Email and Internet services.
Westburne Inc. 1992 to 96
(CDN/US Wholesale Distributor - Plumbing, HVAC & Electrical
2.2 Billion in Sales).
Director, Planning, Technology & Customer Service
· Successfully consolidated 17 decentralized AS400 data centers to 9 centrally managed centers, reducing computer operations staff for North America by 40%, increasing relative performance by 40% and reducing leasing cost by 20% annually.
· Negotiated international hardware maintenance agreement reducing cost for North America by 27%.
· Managed National Help Desk Support for 5000 on-line users in North America.
· Implemented a Standards & Quality Assurance group reducing implementation errors significantly.
· Improved staff productivity by introducing current tools & techniques including time management, project management, automated change management, network management and in-house CBT training program development.
· Implemented Frame Relay communications to reduce branch cost and improve performance.
· Delivered a basic I-Case based business model to facilitate the business re-engineering initiative in process including an IT Strategic and Tactical plan.
Canadian Tire Corporation Ltd. 1972 to 91
· Successfully introduced and nurtured joint client/developer project steering committees, which set project priorities and approved resource assignments across Dealer Relations, Real Estate and Automotive Marketing divisions. Results included stronger client partnerships, improved customer satisfaction, improved staff morale, and projects completed on schedule.
· Actively participated in developing strategic plans for both client and information services areas. Assessed opportunity evaluations and project definitions, clarifying information technology issues, increasing company responsiveness to competitive situations.
· Successfully transformed troubled core merchandise systems conversion project for US subsidiary, by consulting, creating customized programs, rigorous auditing, and client training to produce an effective system within a critical time period.
· Chaired key Inventory Logistics Task Force involving Corporate management and Dealer association executives, facilitating policy setting sessions that addressed diverse viewpoints.
· Successfully introduced use of personal computers as intelligent workstations. Major influence in developing and maintaining the standard corporate platform. Workbench included: data base, data sharing, word processing, I-CASE, spreadsheet and communications.
· Marketed benefits of adopting Information Engineering principles to systems steering committee, resulting in the evaluation and selection of IEW CASE tool. Reduced time required for annual planning by creating a planning model using IEW to assist in prioritizing projects based on business impact.
· Co-chaired Information Resources Management steering committee, introducing to client management the idea of enterprise wide modeling. Identified need for enterprise wide planning and provided a plan of action to implement idea.
· Introduced major business and systems changes to control over $300 million in combined inventories for 30,000 items by enhancing merchandise flow and reducing total enterprise inventory levels. Marketed program to Dealer and Corporate management.
· Successfully developed and installed many critical systems across sophisticated mainframe, mid-range and microcomputer platforms. Strategically important systems include: product information & pricing, executive information, seasonal/promotional replenishment, customs, cost of goods sold, retail information and advertising media performance.
· Developed E I S prototype using a 4th G/L and graphical presentation to produce a timely and consistent view of inventory, shipments and retail performance which improved senior management decision making.
Systems Dimensions Limited 1970 - 72
Member – Project Management Institute Member – High
Tech Crime Investigation Association
Strategic Systems, Object
Oriented Systems, Computer Applications in Transportation
Mohawk College - Computer Systems Technologist 1969 – 72
Graduate of Co-op Program
Helping Clients Succeed/Customer
Management – Mahan Khalsa